Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Doubting Thomas

A warm welcome to my new followers! 

I managed to get a little stitching progress this week.  First up is Victoria Sampler's Autumn Garden Sampler.  Bands 1 and 2 are complete.  Aren't the colors just yummy?

Victoria Sampler
Autumn Garden Sampler
09/28/2011


Next up is my Nature's Little Helper update.  Almost done with page 5.  With any luck, this page will be done for next week's update. 

HAED's Nature's Little Helper (Warren)
09/28/2011


Now, I would really like your opinions on that rainbow.  (In case you can't figure out where it is, it is the brownish arc under the purple tree branches).  I am not yet pleased with it;  the colors are non-existent and looks even less like a rainbow (color-wise) from afar.  Here's a closer look at the area in question.

Nature's Little Helper
close-up of questionable rainbow
09/28/2011


And here is the original artwork/pattern to compare.





So, what do you think?  I will wait to contact Michele about it until I have the surrounding pages done and I have a better perspective, but I just don't see how it's going to come together at this point.  I have done stitches like this before where things don't look proper until everything is filled in, but the colors are so dull and un-rainbowesque.  I'm definitely a Doubting Thomas on this one right now.  I guess time will tell...

Happy Stitching!
Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment