Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Weekly Update

Wow, I can't believe it's Wednesday again.  And the end of another month. 

Not so much to report this week.  I got a tiny bit done on An Open Heart.  I am somewhat avoiding working on it because I am at the spot where I have to cut threads and re-weave them.  It's not that I'm afraid to do it, it just takes more patience and concentration than I have available to me lately. 

An Open Heart
The Drawn Thread


Sock knitting, however, is coming right along.  I am close to having a pair of my first socks!  I hope to finish this sock tonight or tomorrow and I'm already looking forward to my next pair. 



If you have ever thought about trying to knit a sock, do it!  It is so much easier than it looks.  I have more or less taught myself and I am a very inexperienced knitter.  I used and highly recommend the youtube videos by verypinkknits entitled learn to knit socks, parts 1-6.  Wonderful step-by-step instructions for beginners.  I am using/adapting the free pattern found here using Premier Yarns Serenity Sock Weight in Indigo.

I have also done a little research for my next pair, which will also be based on this pattern.  I will be trying to do a princess sole, which is reverse stockinette on the bottom of the foot.  I'm hoping this will be more comfortable to wear in shoes than the current pair seemed to be.  I will also be doing them on US 2 DPN's instead of the US 3.  I am hoping to get them cast on tonight or tomorrow. 

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment