Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012!

And may she be a better year than the last. 

Stitching-wise, 2011 was the year of a lot of stitching and not much finishing.  I got obsessed with a couple  several too many HAED patterns.  I think I started two in addition to the two I already had going and bought too many more.  I did get several pages done on two of them, but getting nowhere near the finish line.  I used to be a one project at a time person and I think I overloaded the stitching circuits this year.  So, I will not be starting any new stitching for New Year's.  No matter how loudly that little dragon in Curl Up With A Good Book screams at me.  I will finish An Open Heart and Crystal Roses before starting any new non-HAED projects.  Now I just have to decide how to rotate the other BAP's or whether to just concentrate on one of them this year.  Stay tuned.

I made a little progress on An Open Heart this week. 



An Open Heart
The Drawn Thread


I think I now have about 3/4 of the center section done.  I'm planning on getting some more time on it this afternoon and Wednesday. 

I finally managed to get myself in the sewing room (funny I call it that since very little actual sewing ever takes place in there) and go through the bins of yarn.  And to get the two four bins from out of the attic.  There seems to be a plethora of primary colors in the collection and I want to use as much as possible without having to bring more yarn into the house.  So my first selection is a bit wild.  These afghans will be for Linus Quilts again, so I'm thinking bright, colorful afghans will be good.  And might do me some good in the upcoming dreary January days. 



I've affectionately nicknamed this one clown barf.  I think the orange might be burning a hole in my retina.  The orange is some that I inherited and is so old, it's from when Wintuk was made by Prestige (it's now made by Caron).  The label has 1985 on it.  It's about time it was put to good use, I'm thinking.

I never posted a picture of the last Linus Quilts finish, so here it is.


Summer Symphony
A Year of Afghans Book 3
Leisure Arts

There was another pair of socks done last week, but they look pretty much the same as the last, so I won't torture you with another picture of those.  The next pair is on the needles and I'm attempting to make these to fit my mom.  I'm planning on making this pair a surprise;  she's been oohing and aahing over the ones I've made so far.



plain socks
Paton's Kroy FX
cascade colors 57210

I think she's going to love them!

I'm off to get me a turkey sandwich (one of the absolute best things about this time of year!) and settle in with An Open Heart and TV Land's Murder She Wrote marathon. 

May your New Year be bright and prosperous.
Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment