Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snip, snip

A warm welcome to my new followers!  I'm thoroughly enjoying my hermiting day today and getting to see some progress on An Open Heart.  I dug in and finally got around to doing the drawn thread bands I had put off doing a while back.  The two bands took me 3-4 hours to complete.  Very tedious having to reweave all those threads.  It wouldn't have been so bad if it had only been one band.

Here it is after the cutting and reweaving:




And the end result with the honeycomb hemstitching completed:




I'm glad that ordeal is finally over!

January is treating us well this year...even the pansies agree.




I am not missing the snow we had in late December and January last year. 

I can't believe it's already so late in the day.  I don't think I will meet my goal of having the body of An Open Heart finished by tomorrow night, but it feels good to have the sections done that I had put off for so long.  I'm off to see what else I can accomplish.

Happy Stitching!
Tamara

1 comment: